Household chores can often feel like an uphill battle, especially when you have to lug a bulky, heavy vacuum cleaner from room to room. They also make it difficult to reach those awkward corners.
Fortunately, the newest vacuum cleaner manufacturers are launching unique models like the Kenmore bagless compact canister vacuum. Compared to older models, these are lighter and more maneuverable, making cleaning a breeze.
Kenmore vacuums consist of two main parts: the canister, which houses the motor and other key components, and the cleaning spout and wand, connected to the canister by a hose. You simply move the spout and wand around to vacuum the floor, pulling the canister alongside you.
So, how much does a canister vacuum cost? The most expensive ones can top $1,000, while the most affordable come in under $50. However, the majority fall within the $100 to $350 range. Generally, pricier models offer more features and attachments, while budget-friendly options like Kenmore vacuums may have the essentials.
By considering your cleaning needs and budget, you can find the perfect canister vacuum to make household chores a little less uphill.
Kenmore 22614 Bagless Compact Canister Vacuum (Product Review)
The best canister vacuums are genuinely easy to clean. Cleaning the Kenmore canister vacuum involves cleaning out the reusable channel or replacing an expendable one, and emptying debris from the canister into the trash. You should also clean the canister out with soap and water occasionally.
Benefits of the Kenmore Bagless Compact Canister Vacuum:
- Powerful Cleaning: The Kenmore canister vacuum boasts two motors for exceptional cleaning power. Its cyclonic filtration system uses centrifugal force for optimal suction performance.
- Long Reach: The 24-foot power cord allows you to clean a larger area without unplugging, making it convenient for tackling large rooms or multiple spaces.
- Allergy and Pet Friendly: Equipped with a HEPA filter, this vacuum captures 99% of dust, allergens, and other particles from the air, ideal for allergy sufferers. It also features a special attachment designed to remove pet hair effectively from upholstery and furniture.
- Easy to Use: The transparent dust cup clearly indicates when it needs to be emptied, enhancing user convenience.
Canister Vacuums: Powerful and Versatile Cleaning
Canister vacuums offer several advantages over traditional upright vacuums. They often have larger and more powerful motors, as the motor doesn’t need to fit within the compact body of an upright vacuum. This translates to stronger suction for a more thorough clean. Additionally, newer canister models tend to be lighter and easier to maneuver, making them ideal for cleaning stairs, furniture, and hard-to-reach areas.
Benefits of Canister Vacuums:
- Powerful Suction: Canister vacuums typically have stronger suction than upright vacuums, making them more effective at picking up dirt, dust, and debris.
- Maneuverability: Canister vacuums are lightweight and easy to move around, making them ideal for cleaning tight spaces, stairs, and furniture.
- Versatility: Canister vacuums come with a variety of attachments that can be used for cleaning different surfaces, such as upholstery, curtains, and even car interiors.
- Ease of Use: Canister vacuums are generally easier to use than upright vacuums, especially for people with back pain or mobility issues.
- No bags to replace: Many canister vacuums are bagless, which means you won’t have to buy and replace dustbags. This can save you money and time in the long run.
- Easy to clean: Canister vacuums are typically easier to clean than upright vacuums. The dustbin is usually removable and washable, and the filters can be easily accessed and cleaned.
- Quieter operation: Canister vacuums tend to be quieter than upright vacuums, making them a good choice for homes with pets or young children.
Kenmore Elite Canister Vacuum
The Kenmore Elite canister vacuum is a popular option that offers many of the benefits listed above. It has a powerful motor, a variety of attachments, and is easy to maneuver. It is also bagless and has a washable dustbin.
5.0 out of 5 stars Bagless canister 22614 from Kenmore
Compared to the earlier Panasonic I had, the Kenmore one seems much improved. It removes all the pet hairs so effectively besides drawing all the dust out of my home. It is one of the crucial household chores to maintain cleanliness all around.
5.0 out of 5 stars Canisters dominate the industry
The Kenmore canister I purchased now is the second one. I had to give up the earlier one after I got divorced. I am happy to have another Kenmore product replacing the Eureka unit at home.
How do I clean a canister vacuum?
- Empty the canister.
- Wipe the inside with a microfiber cloth. For thorough cleaning, you can wash the canister in warm, soapy water. Rinse it well and let it air dry completely before reassembling.
- Clean the filters. Refer to your vacuum’s manual for instructions on washing or replacing the filters.
- Check for clogs. Use a broom handle or compressed air to clear any blockages in the hose or brushroll.
What are the benefits of using a canister vacuum instead of an upright vacuum?
- Lightweight and maneuverable: Easy to carry and use on stairs or furniture.
- Stronger suction: Often performs better on carpets and rugs.
- Versatile: Useful for cleaning various surfaces with different attachments.
Canister vacuums offer several advantages over upright models. They are lightweight, versatile, and provide strong suction, making them a good choice for many homes. However, it’s important to choose a vacuum that is suitable for your specific floor types and cleaning needs.
Remember to clean your vacuum’s filters and components regularly for optimal performance.